And just like heroin it’s extremely bad for your health. What is It? SUGAR!
We have fallen for the sugar deception – because sugar contains:-
no nutrition value
only empty calories.
So to metabolize sugar your body must borrow vital nutrients from it’s own stores. Over consumption of sugar also causes an acidic body, along with a list of health problems.
Constant surges of insulin from years of sugar consumption can exhaust your pancreas’ ability to produce insulin, increasing your risk of getting diabetes. Another condition, known as insulin resistance, may also develop, where your body becomes so accustomed to continuous insulin surges that the insulin loses its power to reduce blood sugar levels.
It’s not only diabetics who have to be concerned about sugar intake. Sugar can be totally devastating to your health for many reasons, including the following summary:-
- Dampening your immune function
- Making you fat
- Causing yeast overgrowth
- Causing chronic fatigue syndrome
- Causing premature aging
- Feeding cancer cells
- Causing tooth decay
- Causing hyperactivity in children
- Increasing your risk of cardiovascular disease
Sugar addiction is real and it’s very hard to give up completely, some doctors liken sugar addition to heroin addition.
So what are the alternatives to sugar? Some are highly controversial. There are chemical based sugar substitutes which may have an unpleasant aftertaste and cannot be consumed by everyone (e.g. those with phenylketonuria). Of course, I would not even think of recommending a chemical based product.
There is one I do recommend:-
ISOMALT – a natural product made from beet plants. Isomalt is suitable for everyone, including diabetics, children, pregnant women.
- Has half the calories of sugar (4g of sugar has 16kcal – Isomalt has 8kcal)
- Has no strange aftertaste
- Has a glycemic index (GI) of 2 (compared to sugars GI of 68)
- Actually prevents tooth decay by reducing plaque formation
- Functions as a prebiotic to promote friendly bacteria in the gut
- Promotes healthy bowel movements
- Actually reduces the risks of several types of cancer
- Enhances the taste of food
- Is suitable for use in baking at high temperatures
- Helps extend the shelf life of baked goods
So why not do yourself a favor and replace sugar with Isomalt.