The theme of these fat busting bonus tips is to add flavor without adding too many calories.
Make a Herb & Garlic Marinade
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce (low salt version if you prefer)
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic – finely minced
- 1/4 (loosely packed) cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 2 hot red chillis – very finely sliced
- 1/2 red onion – very finely sliced and then chopped
- a few dashes of sweet chili sauce or lemon juice
Mix all ingredients together well, in a small bowl.
Can be used on chicken, fish or meat before grilling, sauteing or roasting. Place your choice of protein in a ziplok bag, add the marinade and refrigerate for up to 4 hours – then cook. Discard the marinade in the bag (don’t use it for basting).