Spicy Satay Sauce.
This one does have some added oil, and of course the peanuts have some fats, so don’t overdo it! Use when grilling skinless chicken pieces.
- 1 1/2 cups of dry roasted peanuts (if you use salted ones don’t add any more salt).
- 1 tablespoon Indonesian sweet soy sauce
Blend together into a coarse texture.
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 6 dried red chilies – remove seeds and soak in warm water
- 3 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- Small piece of fresh ginger – grated
- 1/2 red onion – finely chopped
Heat 1/4 cup rice bran oil and fry the mixed paste ingredients until aromatic fragrance is released.
Add the Peanut Base ingredients and juice of tamarind (soak dried tamarind in warm water for 15 minutes and squeeze out) – discard the tamarind pulp. This gives a tangy taste. If you can’t find tamarind you can substitute lime juice.
Stir and cook for around 5 minutes.
Add a touch or sugar or salt to balance the taste to your preference.
Brush over chicken while grilling and use as a dipping sauce.