And Do It Without Willpower
- Eat breakfast – make it a habit. Set up the plates etc. on your kitchen counter before you go to bed (we all know that “morning minutes” fly by!)
- Avoid vending machines – take your snacks with you. Carry nuts, carrots and celery in ziplock bags.
- Avoid drinking sodas – wastes your calorie allocation. Avoid even zero cal ones, sugar replacements are generally not good for your health.
- Drink plenty of water – take a water bottle with you. Thirst is often mistaken for hunger.
- Reduce portion sizes. The size of plates has increased over the years, so we are actually eating too much, so use smaller plates.
- Increase your consumption of vegetables – make vegetables account for at least 75% of the space on your plate.