How to Detoxify Your Body – Part 2
Think about drinking water…
Any detoxification program must include drinking lots of water. Of course, as with anything, even drinking too much water can be detrimental so don’t overdo it!
While most of us are lucky enough to live in areas with a good water supply infrastructure (and this can only be a good thing) chemicals are added to our drinking water, plus there is evidence of pharmaceuticals and other chemicals being found in town water supplies.
I’m not going to discuss the merits or perils of fluoride here, enough to say that some people believe it’s good thing and others a bad thing. Give yourself a choice, and the best chance to drink pure water – get a quality water purifier like a π Water purifier which gives you the most ideal water for your body. Also known as “energised” or “living” water,” it:-
- has a smoother, fresher taste and is just right for sustaining bodily processes
- enhances detoxification and the elimination of wastes, helping you to attain and maintain a healthy, functioning body
- Effectively removes chlorine, impurities, pesticides, volatile organic chemicals and heavy metals from water
- Infuses water with energy and retains more oxygen for cellular uptake
- Enriched with ionic minerals & trace minerals
- Has a slightly alkaline pH, perfect for your body
- Has small hexagonal molecular clusters that can be immediately absorbed and utilised by your cells
- Tastes great and improves the flavour of your food and beverages
- No boiling necessary as long as your water comes from a treatment plant
- Easy to install and maintain
You can even see the 8 stages of filtration!
Personally, I totally avoid buying bottled water, do yourself and the planet a favour and use your own water purifier and refill your own bottles (preferably glass ones).
Drinking 6-10 glasses of water each day helps your body flush out toxins. I know there have been articles in the press decrying the “8 glasses a day” regime. However, most people don’t drink anywhere near 8 glasses of pure water each day and remain chronically dehydrated. Dehydration occurs long before you actually feel thirsty. Feeling thirsty is actually your body desperately crying out for help.
Is it difficult to drink 8 glasses of water a day? Not really, just set yourself up for success by thinking about it. Drink 1 glass immediately upon waking, drink another glass before you eat breakfast or after you clean your teeth, drink another mid-morning, drink one before lunch – that 4 already! Drink 1 with your lunch, drink 1 mid-afternoon, drink 1 when you return home from work, drink 1 before dinner, drink 1 before you go to bed after you clean your teeth – that’s actually 9! See how easy it is!
Just a quick note on boiling water: Boiling water does not get rid of chlorine, it just turns it into Trihalomethane (THM) an even more dangerous carcinogen.