The Letter P
The active health-protecting compounds that are found as components of plants.
Currently, the terms “phytochemical” and “phytonutrient” are being used interchangeably to describe those plant compounds which are thought to have health-protecting qualities.
The antioxidant, immune boosting and other health promoting properties of active compounds in plants are being investigated. Phytonutrients or phytochemicals that are being studied presently include (and are not limited to) terpenes, carotenoids, limonoids, and phytosterols.
Pomegranates contain tons of nutrition… and best of all, it’s low in calories. In just one pomegranate fruit there is around 100 calories. But that’s only the beginning of the nutrition pomegranate provides:
- a great source of potassium
- more antioxidants compared to other juices and even wine!
- vitamin B and Vitamin C
- great source of fiber
- helps prevent heart disease
- keeps your immune system in top notch conditions
- prevents buildup of material in your arteries
Pomegranates are a superfood!