I was doing some web research today (Ok, I was browsing around!) and I found a new(ish) product which seems to be a Miracle!
Naturally enough it’s called – Miracle Noodles. The noodles/pasta are available in several types, like Angel Hair Pasta, Fettucini Pasta, Mini-Pearls Pasta (for soup), Orzo Pasta, Rigatoni Pasta, and shirtaki noodles.
Why are these miracle products? It’s what they don’t have that’s the miracle:-
- No Calories
- No Carbohydrates
How can this be? They are made from konjac root, the source for glucomannan, a natural soluble fiber used in some nutritional supplements. This root has traditionally been used throughout Asia as part of a healthy diet, so it’s not new to the food supply.
So the health benefits are multiple:-
- Your calorie intake is reduced.
- Your carbohydrate intake is reduced.
- Your fiber intake is increased
- You feel full on far fewer calories.
- The overall Glycemic Index of your meal is reduced as the Miracle noodles do not contribute.
- The noodles don’t require cooking – stirring a hot sauce is enough preparation.
- The may help reduce your cholesterol levels
- They may help normalize blood glucose levels – good for diabetics
So where is the downside?
The noodles don’t taste like wheat pasta (because it’s not). They have virtually no taste of their own – your favorite sauce provides the flavor.
You may wish to read more at their site: www.MiracleNoodle.com – they have details of medical studies as well as recipes