How many diet products have you heard about? How many have you tried for yourself? If you are like the average person who wants to lose a little weight, you have probably tried quite a few. So what is the best?
This summary comparison will focus on two broad categories. Chemical and Natural.
Chemical based products, which has two sub-categories, prescription only and “over the counter”, include:-
- Dermal patches which pass chemicals through your skin to change your thyroid activity.
- Pills which claim to block your body’s absorption of carbohydrates by changing the way you digest them.
- Pills which block your body from absorbing fat and oil, allowing it to pass through your digestive system.
- Pills which use caffeine to boost your metabolism.
- Pills which claim to imitate your brain’s signals to make your brain think your stomach is full.
People often turn to chemical based diet products looking for a “quick fix”, however as you can see from the summary above, these products interfere in some way or another with your body’s natural processes. In addition, by definition, they involve adding chemicals to your body.
We are all individuals and have our own particular metabolism and chemistry, so the effects of these chemical based diet products can be unpredictable. Unpleasant and even dangerous side effects have been reported by many people.
Chemical based diet products do not aim to provide you with any nutritional benefit, in fact they often aim to interrupt your body’s absorption of nutrients.
Natural diet products do not require any prescription. They are food. Natural diet products include:-
- Wu Yi Tea. Green tea’s health benefits are undisputed. Hundreds of years of usage have proven the benefits which have now been backed by scientific studies. Green tea adds nutrition to your diet, with high levels of antioxidants, catechins, flavonoids, vitamins and minerals. The natural ingredients in green tea promotes thermogenesis and naturally boost your metabolic rate causing you burn calories faster.
- Hoodia Gordonii a cactus plant from Africa which is proven to suppress appetite. So you simply eat less.
- Acai Berries (euterpe oleraceae) -a dark purple berry from an Amazonian palm tree which is now known as one of the top ten superfoods. Acai berries are proven to be rich in minerals, vitamins, including natural vitamin E, fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, oleic (omega-9) fatty acids, antioxidants (including anthocyanidins), phytosterols and polyphenols. Acai berries, available as a juice product or in convenient capsule form, help you lose weight by detoxifying your system, eliminating built up waste and reducing water retention.
- Maqui Berries (aristotelia chilensis) – a new superfood discovery from Patagonia. Maqui (pronounced mah-key) berries are like Acai berries on steroids. They have more than twice the antioxidant ORAC score of Acai berries. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity)is a measure of a foods ability to neutralize damaging free radicals.
- Chlorella – is a microscopic dark green algae superfood nutrient source. Is 60% protein with all 8 essential amino acids, has 23 vitamins and minerals and a special ingredient called Chlorella Growth Factor which supplies RNA and DNA. It’s superior nutritional qualities reduce food cravings which can cause over-eating. Additionally, chlorella’s fibrous cell wall has the ability to remove heavy metals from your system. Read all about Chlorella HERE
- Spirulina – a blue-green algae which is considered to be a whole food. Spirulina provides total nutrition, so like chlorella, it nourishes your body so you don’t feel the need to eat junk foods or overeat. Read all about Spirulina HERE
This summary comparison clearly shows which group is the most beneficial to your body. The products you select to help you lose weight will be your individual choice. Do your self a favor – choose wisely.