In his book “Anti Cancer – A New Way Of Life” Dr David Servan-Schreiber discusses how inflammation is our enemy.
Inflammation in our bodies is a reaction to some sort of damage to our cells, through some sort of shock or physical trauma like, burns, cuts, infections by viruses or bacteria, even rubbing and chafing.
Inflammation is described as:-
it’s red, it’s swollen, it’s warm and it’s painful.
Our immune systems react to inflammation to heal our bodies in ways far too technical for me to understand fully or describe. The problem is that apparently there is also another face to our immune response to inflammation – it can work against us by over-reacting and being diverted to promote cancerous growths.
There are distinct links between certain types of cancers and inflammation. For example:-
Cervical cancer – papilloma virus
Liver cancer – Hepatitis virus
Dr Servan-Schreiber’s book obviously gives much more information.
In short, inflammation has a key role in promoting cancer and we should do all we can to avoid it.
So how can we avoid and reduce inflammation in our bodies?
By eating the right foods, managing our stress levels, getting regular exercise and trying to remove toxins from our environment.
I can recommend the following to assist you in reducing the inflammation in your body:-
What is the easiest way to consume vinegar to protect my body?
Take vinegar in the form of tablets, very easy and convenient!
Each tablet contains concentrated vinegar derived from apple cider, grain sorghum, pea, wheat, barley and rice bran. It is rich in natural vinegar nutrients, acetic acid and citric acid. The bio-activity of the vinegars is well preserved with an advanced processing technique.
Each Mixed Vinegar tablet contains vinegar from natural sources.
Oriyen Mixed Vinegar tablets are:
Easy to eat – does not taste acidic, nor leave an acidic after taste.
|Does not harm teeth.|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I heard that liquid vinegar is very effective. Why should I choose vinegar in a tablet form?
Vinegar tablets are actually more concentrated and more effective than liquid vinegar. Highly concentrated vinegar extract would be too sour for consumption in liquid form. In order to give you multiple benefits, different types of concentrated vinegars are blended into each tablet. Liquid vinegar usually only contains one or two types. Finally, tablets are obviously more convenient; you can take them any time, anywhere.
2. Can I chew the vinegar tablet?
No. It is much better to swallow the tablet with water. The best way to take a vinegar tablet is to take a sip of water leaving a bit of water in your mouth, then place the tablet into your mouth and swallow immediately. Drink more water if required.
3. Can I take vinegar tablets with other beverages (such as fruit juice) instead of warm water?
Yes. However, we do not recommend that you take vinegar tablets with dairy-based or high protein beverages.
4. Can I take vinegar tablets with hot water?
Yes, the temperature will not affect the vinegar, but it’s important to make sure that you do not use water that could scald your mouth.
5. I’m healthy and not suffering from any aches and pains, is there a need for me to take vinegar tablets?
Vinegar tablets can help anyone to maintain health. They are especially great for people who have stressful lifestyles and unhealthy eating habits because vinegar tablets help to counteract acidity in the body.
6. Can I take vinegar tablets while I’m on other health supplements?
Certainly. Vinegar tablets will not reduce the efficacy of other supplements. In fact, they help the body to absorb nutrients such as Vitamin B Complex, Calcium and Iron better. Vinegar tablets also offer many other health benefits. However, we do not recommend taking vinegar tablets along with probiotics supplements.
7. My body is weak, and I was advised to avoid sour foods. Since vinegar is very sour, will taking vinegar tablets cause any undesirable effects to my body?
No, it will not. On the contrary, it benefits your body as it increases absorption of other nutrients.
8. I’m currently taking medication for hypertension, diabetes & etc prescribed by my doctor. Can I take vinegar tablets and how should I take them?
Yes, you can. However, we recommend an interval of 3 hours between intake of your medication and vinegar tablets.
9. Will I be dependent on vinegar tablets? If I stop taking vinegar tablets, will my body revert to its previously unhealthy state?
Vinegar tablets do not cause dependency. However, if you stop taking the tablets and do not change your unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits e.g. excessive intake of meat, refined food and insufficient intake of dietary fibre, your body could revert to its previously unhealthy state.
10. I’m a vegetarian. Can I take vinegar tablets?
Yes. Our vinegar tablets are made of apple cider and cereal vinegar, and do not contain animal products.
11. Who should not take vinegar tablets?
People suffering from serious gastritis and gastric ulcer should not take vinegar tablets.
12. Are there any other uses for vinegar tablets?
Yes, vinegar tablets:
- Help digestion, prevent thirst and regulate bodily functions
- Freshen breath and promote secretion of saliva
- Act as a teapot cleaning agent: Add one tablet into the pot and boil together with the water to remove stubborn stains inside the teapot
- Help to clean and maintain healthy feet: Grind 1 tablet into powder and mix into a bowl of warm water. Soak your feet in it for 10-15 minutes before bedtime
- Keep vegetables fresh: Grind half a tablet into powder and add into water, then soak the vegetables in water for 5 minutes,
- Prevent flowers from withering: Grind 1 tablet into powder and add to the water in the vase.
- Protect your pets from fleas and mites: Grind 1 tablet into powder and dissolve it into your pet’s drinking water.
13. Is there a different dosage for children and adults?
Yes, please refer to the guide below.
|For children 6 years or older||2 tablets after meal, twice daily.|
|For adults (maintenance)||5 tablets after meal, twice daily.|
|For adults (improvement)||10 tablets after meal, twice daily.|
Regulate Your Body pH To Restore & Maintain Prime Health
A healthy person’s blood pH level should be slightly alkaline (in the range of pH 7.35 – pH 7.45). However, most people today have an acidic blood level due to pollution, poor eating habits, stress and lack of exercise. This acidity adds to the stress of the organs involved in blood circulation and cleansing, such as the liver, heart, kidneys, spleen, pancreas, etc. As a result of this stress, many organs start to deteriorate, which may lead to health conditions, diseases and ailments such as fatigue, body aches and cardiovascular diseases that could develop into chronic diseases or even cancer.
An acidic body is primarily caused by a diet high in meat or refined carbohydrates. The lack of dietary fibre leads to the accumulation of animal fats, resulting in hardening of the blood vessels and stress on the organs. Once weakened, the body is susceptible to disease.
The Crucial Influence of pH Level on Health
The advantages of blood alkalinity
Blood that is slightly alkaline flows much smoother in the body. This efficient circulation allows greater amount of oxygen and nutrients to be transported and absorbed by the body. This helps to raise the metabolic rate, increase cell vitality, and improve overall energy. Slightly alkaline blood not only prevents arteries from hardening, but also reduces the amount of deposited fat on the arterial walls. This free blood flow helps reduce the potential for and symptoms of many cardiovascular diseases.
Slight alkalinity is a sign of good health; it indicates that the body’s immune system i.e. natural resistance and healing capacity, is in good condition, and able to resist the onset of many diseases.
The disadvantages of body acidity
Acidic blood has a higher viscosity. This prevents smooth blood flow, leading to poor oxygen transfer. The poor flow rate also leads to the hardening of blood vessels.
Are you plagued by an acidic body?
Answer the following questions to find out for yourself!
If you have 5 or more of the listed symptoms, then there is a high chance that your body is acidic.
|•||Move or perform tasks at a very slow pace. (You have the will but not the strength to perform tasks.)|
|•||Feel sleepy when you ride in a car or drive|
|•||Feel tired after mild exercise. Short of breath (panting) when walking up or down the stairs|
|•||Suffer from poor memory and concentration|
|•||Experience coldness in the limbs|
|•||Bruise easily, experience frequent skin breakouts, or bleeding gums|
|•||Prone to eczema|
|•||Have dull complexion or acne|
|•||Suffer from athlete’s foot|
|•||Tend to suffer infections (pus) on wounds|
|•||Suffer a protruding abdomen even though overall average in size.|
|•||Easily put on weight / Difficulty controlling body weight|
|•||Suffer from constipation or frequent diarrhoea|
|•||Have bad breath|
|•||Frequently suffer from tinnitus|
|•||Frequently feel dizzy, feeling very tired especially in the afternoons|
|•||Have weak immune system; prone to flu and fever|
|•||Frequently bitten by mosquitoes / insects|
Lifestyle and diet
If you check 5 or more boxes, your lifestyle and diet could be contributing to an acidic body.
|•||Frequent all-nighters or late nights (sleep after 1am)|
|•||Frequently eat supper, or have dinner after 8pm|
|•||Frequently skip breakfast|
|•||Drink alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, whisky, etc.)|
|•||Drink more than 3 cups of coffee daily|
|•||Drink carbonated beverages daily|
|•||Frequently consume meat|
|•||Eat very little fruits and vegetables|
|•||Drink less than 2000ml of water each day, or drink water that is acidic (distilled water, RO water)|
|•||Like to eat processed food, fried food or sweet snacks|
|•||Lack physical exercise|
|•||Live or work under constant pressure , and usually find it difficult to de-stress|
|•||Constantly in a polluted environment (surrounded by second hand cigarette smoke, waste gas from factories, etc.)|
Do not be “ambushed” by acid
Humans are born with a body that is slightly alkaline, but on average, our bodies tend to become acidic after the age of 25. This is due to ageing, environmental and food pollution, poor diet, stress, unhealthy, sedentary lifestyle, overworking, etc. Acidity can be the cause of many diseases because it impedes normal enzyme functions. In a study carried out by the University of Tokyo, up to 90% out of the 600 cancer patients surveyed have an acidic body, of which, 85% have pH levels of 5.8 and below. “Immune cells” are adversely affected by acidity and may succumb to cellular poisoning or death if exposed to it for prolonged periods. With the immune cells severely depleted or damaged, virus and other disease-causing agents can wreak havoc in the body. Approximately 40 million members of Japan’s various “golden years” clubs are actively promoting vinegar as one of the best products for reducing fatigue, and returning the body to its normal alkaline pH level. These Japanese in their golden years drink large amounts of “vinegar” during meals to improve overall bodily functions and revitalise the organs. It is no coincidence that the Japanese have the highest human life expectancy in the world!
The best way to overcome an acidic body is to consume more alkaline food and beverages.
|•||Most vegetables, garlic, mushrooms, onion, wheatgrass, etc.|
|•||Algae: chlorophyta, spirulina, seaweed, etc.|
|•||Most fruits: apple, banana, lemon, grape, orange, watermelon, pineapple, Japanese plum, strawberry, etc.|
|•||Sprouts like alfalfa…|
|•||Almost all meat products: beef, chicken, pork, duck|
|•||Almost all seafood: fish, oyster, prawns, etc.|
|•||Most grains & beans: flour, bread, corn, plain rice, noodles, pasta, biscuit, wheat, barley, etc.|
|•||Dairy products: butter, milk, cheese, cake, etc.|
|•||Almost all oil and fats, including corn oil and olive oil|
|•||Others: coffee, carbonated drinks, refined sugar, alcoholic drinks, medicine, food tainted with pesticides and insecticides, canned or pickled foods|
If you regularly consume food that is high in calories and mainly consists of fat and protein, have inadequate physical exercise and high stress levels at work, you are likely to have a sluggish citric acid cycle and a huge accumulation of lactic acid in the blood stream.
You are also highly susceptible to obesity, muscle aches, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other chronic diseases. You might have to rely on medication if you do not start adjusting your diet, exercise, and lifestyle soon. However, you can easily bring your health back on the right track by improving your citric acid cycle with the introduction of natural acetic acid (vinegar) into your diet.
Vinegar – Your Personal Firewall Against Diseases
1. Eliminates fatigue & reduces muscle aches
Lactic acid tends to accumulate in the body after strenuous exercises or from consuming too much meat. This build up of lactic acid causes tiredness, fatigue, stiff shoulders, natalgia / sore lower back, inflammation of the joints and shoulders, sciatic nerve pain / pelvic pain, neuralgia / aching nerves, knee neuralgia / sore knees, shoulder neuralgia / spinal aches, etc. Lactic acid also causes poor blood circulation, resulting in blood acidity, which is one of the main causes of neuralgia. Lactic acid combines with protein to form lactic protein, which causes shoulder soreness and neuralgia / lower back pain, as well as arterial hardening if it is allowed to accumulate in the blood.
2. Transforms an acidic body
All patients suffering from chronic diseases and cancer have an acidic body, which is also the case for those who consume a large amount of meat in their diet. This is probably why people who consume large amounts of meat are more prone to cancer. The risk of disease is reduced when we reduce acidity in the body. Vinegar might taste sour (acidic) but it becomes alkaline once it enters the body, and taking it frequently will make the blood slightly alkaline which is the body’s healthy and natural state.
3. Revitalises cells, supports blood flow
The poly amino acids in vinegar cause red blood cells to be more flexible and able to pass smoothly through narrow capillaries to transport oxygen to all parts of the body, aiding cell revitalization. Smooth blood flow can help prevent high blood pressure, heart diseases and stroke. It also alleviates edema and varicose veins that are caused by poor blood circulation.
4. Cleanses blood, prevents arthritic pain
Clean blood is slightly alkaline and lower in viscosity. When we consume a lot of meat, our blood and body fluids become acidic and more waste products are produced during metabolism and energy output. This increase in waste matter puts additional stress on the kidneys and can lead to uremia in serious cases. Arthritic pains happen when there is too much uric acid in the blood stream; the waste increase in the blood also leads to higher blood viscosity which can result in hardened arteries. V inegar helps maintain a healthy alkaline level by preventing uric acid build up and body fluid acidification. It also promotes the excretion of deposited uric acid, reduces the burden on kidneys, prevents gout and solves each kind of fearful cardiovascular disease.
5. Relieves gastrointestinal discomforts
Nowadays, people often suffer from autonomic nerve abnormalities due to extreme pressure. Autonomic nerve abnormality results in an over production of gastric acid which lead to intestinal mucosal membrane injury, stomach wall hemorrhage, and gastric and duodenal ulcers. Acetic acid (also found in vinegar) is mildly alkaline so taking acetic acid can neutralize strong acids and alleviate ulcers caused by excessive gastric juice.
In times of low gastric acid production, the acetic acid in vinegar can play the role of gastric acid and help in the digestion and absorption of food. At the same time, its antibacterial properties promote the healing of the affected areas.
6. Facilitates calcium absorption
The smell, taste and composition of vinegar can stimulate alimentary organs / digestive system and enhance digestion and absorption of nutrients in food. Vinegar also improves the breakdown of food into its nutritious components for easy absorption by the body. For example, calcium and vinegar can combine into calcium acetate that is easily absorbed by the body. In this way, vinegar helps the body absorb more calcium. The citric acid in vinegar enters the body and promotes the full utilisation of calcium by the body; the results are stronger bones, less mood swings, and a better night’s sleep.
7. Fights obesity
8. Eases constipation
Vinegar improves metabolism and promotes the excretion of waste from the body. It also supports intestinal elasticity and the production of carbonic acid that facilitates bowel movement. Some people who consume highly concentrated vinegar are even known to excrete oil from their body during bowel movement, and this phenomenon can be attributed to the ability of vinegar to break down fats.
9. Beautifies the skin and improves complexion
Lipid peroxidation refers to the oxidative degradation of lipids. It is the process whereby free radicals “steal” electrons from the lipids in cell membranes, resulting in cell damage and causing signs of ageing . Vinegar helps prevent lipid peroxidation, promote skin metabolism and prevent the production of brown spots, keeping skin fair, young, and healthy.
In short, vinegar can alleviate a host of skin conditions including dermatitis, brown spots, acne , eczema, etc . by improving metabolism, blood circulation, and fat metabolism in the skin.
10. Prevents diabetes
The number of diabetic patients is rising in many countries all over the world. The major reasons for this are an imbalanced diet, insufficient exercise as well as poor lifestyle habits and increasing stress at work.
Sugar, protein and fat that our body absorbs are burned to produce energy. Insulin is needed for the absorption of glucose (converted from sugar) into cells. However, when there is insufficient insulin, this glucose remains in the blood stream instead of being absorbed into cells and is then excreted from the body via urine, causing excessive sweet urine (glycosuria) or diabetes mellitus.
Consuming large amounts of vinegar (acetic acid) on a regular basis can increase the activity of acetic acid in the body. This enhances the citric acid cycle and converts glucose into energy for full utilisation by cells. In this way, vinegar helps solve diabetic problems caused by incomplete glucose metabolism in the body.
11. Prevents cold & flu
The best way to prevent a cold or flu is by strengthening the body’s immune system. The abundance of vitamins found in vinegar can help prevent cold and flu and reduce fatigue. Vitamin A is closely related to the formation of glycoprotein which helps moisten the mucous membrane and prevent the invasion of filterable viruses. Vinegar’s preventive powers are enhanced when taken in conjunction with a diet high in yellow-green vegetables. Vinegar is also rich in Vitamin C that is good for suppressing the flu virus and the spread of infection. The Vitamin B1 in vinegar reduces fatigue, fights cold and flu and maintains optimal bodily functions.
12. Reduces hangovers
As vinegar can accelerate the citric acid cycle, taking concentrated vinegar before and after drinking alcohol helps prevent drunkenness and cure hangovers. The consumed alcohol is rapidly broken down in the citric acid cycle, relieving your liver from the stress of breaking down alcohol.
Antioxidants have become part of our vocabulary in the last 10 years. Before that they were little known, understood or appreciated. Even today you will find pockets of people who do not believe in the benefits. Oh well, their loss!
To fully understand the role of antioxidants you need to know about free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules which “steal” parts of our cells to stabilize themselves. This means our cells become damaged:-
- Free radicals damage cell membranes and disrupt their function in transporting nutrients, water and oxygen into your cells and in removing wastes from the cell. Cellular function becomes sluggish.
- Our cells genetic material can be damaged, causing the cell’s ability to replenish and repair itself to be impaired.
- Your immune cells can be attacked, rendering them incapable of defending your body from infections.
- Free radicals also oxidize LDL (Bad cholesterol) causing arteriosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries).
- Oxidization of proteins and lipids in the body cause a build up of lipofuscin. Accumulations of lipofuscin can accelerate the aging process and damage your organs. Lipofuscin can be observed in the form of visible age spots.
- Free radicals are also the cause of AGE – Advanced Glycation End-Products – The accumulation of AGE is the main cause of visible premature aging, like wrinkles and brown spots on the skin.
Sources of free radicals are:-
- Normal bodily functions, like breathing and energy production
- Toxins from environmental pollution in the air, water, cooking processes and our food
- Electro magnetic radiation – from TV, computers, ovens, refrigerators and other electrical equipment.
- UV radiation – from sunlight and fluorescent lamps.
- Stress factors, like work stress, infections, trauma. Aging itself accelerates the body’s production of Free Radicals.
Since, it’s very difficult to avoid most of the factors which generate free radicals our only option is to ensure we get a regular supply of antioxidants to minimize their effects.
Symptoms of free radical damage are:-
- Premature aging signs such as age spots, wrinkles, sagging of the skin
- Degenerative diseases such as arthritis, cardiovascular problems, diabetes, cancer, vision problems, cataracts etc.
Antioxidants are compounds found in nature (food) which disarm free radicals in your body. They are a complex group of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phyto-nutrients, and phyto-chemicals that help protect your body from free radical damage.
Enzymes are a must for you to enjoy a full, healthy life.
Enzymes are recommended for all ages, especially those who:-
- eat mainly cooked food
- are under stress
- are recovering from surgery, illness, after childbirth
- who to protect themselves from cancer, prevent illness and lengthen life
- want to increase the effectiveness of nutrition from food or supplements
The benefits of enzymes have been well-publicized in many books. In Dr Edward Howell’s (respected pioneer in enzyme research) book “Enzyme Nutrition” he states “…diets deficient in enzymes cause a 30% reduction in lifespan” “I believe the strain on our enzyme “bank account” caused by diets of cooked food is one of the paramount causes of premature aging and early death. I also believe it is the underlying cause of almost all degenerative diseases.”
Please read the preceding posts for more specific information.
The short answer is Everyone! We all need this natural superfood for our brains, and to improve the function of each of our cells, allowing oxygen in and toxins out.
- Busy people who are subjected to stress
- People with demanding jobs
- People who feel they need a memory booster
- Children above 6 years of age
- Elderly people- not only to help their mental alertness, also for their physical wellbeing
- Vegetarians especially may be in desperate need of lecithin. A vegetarian diet is very low in lecithin.
Remember that lecithin is a food not a drug. Our lecithin is derived from soybeans, it takes more than 2kg of soybeans to produce 7.5g (or one heaped tablespoon) of lecithin.
Total Nutrition is an advanced phyto-nutrient rich, organic natural superfood which contains 79 naturally-derived Ingredients
Advanced processing methods ensure fragile nutrients live enzymes, vitamins, phytonutrients stay intact and active
When you’re tired, stressed, sluggish, or moody, when your insides feel irritated and bloated, when you can’t concentrate during the day or can’t sleep well at night, you know that something is wrong… but it’s not bad enough to see a doctor yet.
Whether you are a stay-at-home parent or a stressed-out executive, a high performance athlete or an occasional exerciser; a teenager going through puberty or a person grappling with middle age, a student concentrating on exams or a senior struggling with memory loss, you need optimum nutrition if you want optimum health.
You know your diet isn’t perfect. You know you need protection against the toxins that surround you. And you want proper nutrition…
But with all the vitamins, minerals, herbs and health formulas on the market, it’s probably hard to decide which ones you should take.
Consider the convenience of Total Nutrition…
All the nutrients you need in a convenient little packet!
Nn Total Nutrition is a Full Spectrum Phyto-Nutrient Rich Superfood containing more than 70 plant-derived and natural ingredients in a proprietary formula. It is an excellent choice for all-round supplementation. It provides you with all the nutrients you need to maintain a healthy body from head to toe.
No more confusion over supplements!
A drink a day, and you have all the nutrients for a healthy body, from head to toe.
THE TOTAL NUTRITION FORMULA CONTAINS:
- Vitamins, minerals and trace minerals – Zinc, Silica, Biotin, Boron, CoQ10, Calcium, Selenium, Folic Acid, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium Picolinate, Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, D, E, Iodine, Potassium, Phosporus, Copper, Iron, Manganese
- Antioxidants – Bilberry, Pycnogenol, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Grape Seed Extract, Tomato, Cherry, Kale, Carrot, Broccoli, Tangerine Bioflavonoids, Acerola Berry, Rose Hips
- Essential fatty acids – Flax Seed, Spirulina, Chlorella
- Essential amino acids – Royal Jelly, Norwegian Kelp, Red Dulse, Spirulina, Chlorella
- Immune boosters – Fo Ti, Reishi Mushroom, Maitake Mushroom, Shiitake Mushroom, Echinacea, Pau D’arco, Astragalus, Siberian Ginseng
- Digestive nutrients – Enzymes Lipase, Papain, Lactase, Amylase, Protease, Cellulase and Bromelain; Slippery Elm, Ginseng Root, Licorice Root
- Probiotics and prebiotics – Lactospore, Fructo-oligosaccharides, Bifidobacterium Bifidus, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Jerusalem Artichoke
- Fiber – Flax Seed Meal, Brown Rice Bran, Apple Fiber/Pectin, Oat Bran Concentrate
- Cleansing and detoxification herbs – Burdock Root, Dandelion Root, Milk Thistle, Beet Powder, Ginger Root
- Alkaline promoters – Wheat Grass, Alfafa Grass, Barley Grass
- Phyto-estrogen – Soy, Licorice Root
- Heart nutrients – CoQ10, Vanadium, Hawthorn Berry, Lecithin, Tomato
- Brain nutrients – Folic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba, Japanese Green Tea, Royal Jelly, Lecithin, Octacosanol, Norwegian Kelp
- Bone builders – Calcium, Carob, Horsetail, Spinach
The processing methods used for Total Nutrition ensure that fragile nutrients like enzymes, vitamins and phyto-nutrients stay intact and active. All-natural, it is free of animal products, artificial preservatives, colorings, flavorings, chemical additives, stabilizers, fillers, binders, and contains no added salt. It is suitable for vegetarians and those who react adversely to yeast, milk, wheat, corn or egg.
Nn Total Nutrition is manufactured under the license of Tishcon Corp, New York, USA, a 100% in-house manufacturer of vitamins and health products established in 1977 and renowned for its expertise in Chewable Multi-vitamin, Timed Release and Bio-enhanced formulations.